BETHESDA, MD.—Pebblebrook Hotel Trust announced that it published its fourth annual Environmental Sustainability and Social Responsibility Report covering the company’s Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) performance in 2021 and its commitment to environmentally sustainable business practices and social responsibility to its employees and other stakeholders.
Pebblebrook’s 2022 ESG Report is aligned with international reporting standards such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), includes disclosures from the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), and reflects the company’s commitment to understanding and planning for sustainability risks through the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosure (TCFD). The 2022 ESG Report also sets forth the company’s newly established target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 2030.
Notable achievements highlighted in the ESG report include:
- Established target to reduce portfolio-wide greenhouse gas emissions intensity 35 percent by 2030.
- For 2021, 41 percent decrease in greenhouse gas emission intensity per square foot vs. baseline year.
- For 2021, 25 percent decrease in energy intensity per square foot vs. baseline year.
- For 2021, 20 percent decrease in waste intensity per occupied room vs. baseline year.
- 98 percent of the company’s properties have digital thermostats.
- 91 percent of the company’s properties have implemented waste reduction initiatives.
- 85 percent of the company’s properties have low flow toilets and other waste conservation measures.
- 71 percent of the company’s properties use native or drought tolerant landscaping to reduce irrigation needs.
- 60 percent of the company’s employees are female.
- 76 percent of properties have eliminated plastic straws on-site.
- Progress has been made on developing the company’s Racial, Equity, and Inclusion Team (REIT).
- 43 percent of the company’s trustees are diverse.
- 33 percent of the company’s independent trustees are female.
The 2022 ESG report and other ESG-related materials can be found at the following website: https://pebblebrookhotels.com/corporate-responsibility/.