GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK, WYO.—To entice meeting planners to conduct environmentally friendly meetings and conventions, Grand Teton Lodge Co. has introduced a “Go Green, Get Green” meeting package at Jackson Lake Lodge. With the package, meeting planners can earn up to an 8 percent rebate to their master account for hosting a green meeting.
Meeting planners will be able to select from a list of eco-friendly elements to incorporate into their program, and the rebate will be calculated based on the number of these components they choose. Some of the choices include:
• Printing registration materials on recycled-content paper with soy-based inks;
• Requiring that meeting materials be printed double-sided;
• Providing reusable conference materials for attendees;
• Using reusable decorations;
• Including in their program an educational presentation by Grand Teton Lodge Company’s Environmental Excellence Team on simple steps attendees can take in their local communities and homes to contribute to global sustainability;
• Promoting and using mass transportation to, from and during the conference;
• Selecting organic food and beverage menus for banquet functions;
• Purchasing sustainable gifts for attendees and VIPs;
• Leaving an environmental legacy in the region through a donation to Grand Teton Lodge Company’s Envision Endowment; and
• Including a community service project in the meeting program.
“We want to introduce meeting planners to the concept, ease and benefits of hosting a green meeting while rewarding them for their efforts,” says Cinda Culton, director of sales and marketing for Grand Teton Lodge Co. “With our go Green, Get Green package, we provide tools and ideas for meeting planners to make their meetings a success for their attendees as well as the environment.”
All meetings conducted at Grand Teton Lodge Company’s Jackson Lake Lodge have a green foundation because of the company’s dedication to eco-friendly business practices. From wind-generated power to organic coffee breaks, environmental stewardship is at the heart of Grand Teton Lodge Company’s operations. While some eco-conscious groups seek out Jackson Lake Lodge because of its green practices, others simply benefit from the Lodge’s commitment to the environment which includes its award-winning Envision program. That program focuses on sustainable business practices in the areas of compliance, infrastructure, education, materials use and procurement, energy and water use, land management, fuel management and impacts, and recycling and waste reduction.
Go to Grand Teton Lodge Co. for details.