AMELIA ISLAND, FLA.—Omni Amelia Island
Plantation Resort announced the dates for its
sixth annual “Fish to Fork” culinary weekend, May 9 to 12, 2019. This year’s event
celebrates Mother’s Day weekend with an all-female chef lineup. The resort will
welcome visitors for a one of a kind “dock-to-dish” experience where they can
unleash their inner foodie.
In its sixth year, Fish to Fork welcomes a new lineup of all-star female chefs. Each chef will bring their unique styles to the event’s festivities, and three-time Fish to Fork competitor Kathleen Blake, owner and chef of The Rusty Spoon in Orlando, Fla., is making her return to the competition as emcee, together with Kate Harris of the Amelia Island Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Alongside breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and shady tree canopies, chefs from across the country will showcase their fishing and culinary skills in a one-of-a-kind event. The three-day culinary event takes attendees through a gastronomic experience that culminates in a final chef showdown where a live vote from event guests will declare a well-deserved winner.
This year’s competitors include:
- Whitney Otawka, Culinary Director, Greyfield Inn, Cumberland Island, Ga. Otawka is a published cookbook author who has appeared on Top Chef and was named a Rising Star Chef in Atlanta.
- Maneet Chauhan, Executive Chef, Chauhan Ale & Masala House, Nashville. Chauhan is a winner of the James Beard Award of Excellence and has appeared on the television programs “Chopped,” “Iron Chef” and “The Next Iron Chef.”
- Alexia Gawlak, Chef and partner, Swine & Sons, Orlando, Fla. Gawlak has contributed to Orlando’s food scene for over 20 years and is a champion of local cuisine.
- Kerri Rogers, Executive Chef, Bellwether, Jacksonville, Fla. Rogers is known for her culinary creativity when it comes to creating inspiring dishes with North Florida flavor and ingredients.
- Kelly Franz, Executive Chef, Magnolias, Charleston, S.C. Franz is a member of the Charleston Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier and was runner-up in season six of Food Network’s “Cutthroat Kitchen” and “Bite Club” in 2018.
- Stacy Cogswell, Boston. Cogswell is a native New Englander who is the author of The New England Cookbook along with starring in season 12 of Bravo’s “Top Chef.”
“We are so excited to host this phenomenal group
of female chefs who will bring their unique styles to their dishes and put
their unmatched skills to the test,” said Executive Chef Todd Ruiz. “The food
served at Fish to Fork will not only be a great representation of Amelia
Island, but how the island’s resources can be turned into something beautiful
On Friday, May 10, each chef will embark on a fishing excursion in collaboration with Amelia Island charter captains. This is in anticipation of the Main Event on Saturday, May 11 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., where their catch-of-the-day will be a transformed into a signature dish for judging. Later in the evening, two teams of three chefs will compete in the Team Challenge to create dishes that utilize a surprise secret ingredient unveiled before the challenge commences.
During the evening, guests will taste and vote on the items prepared during both the Individual Challenge and Team Challenge to determine the winners. The competing chefs will also vote to determine the Chef’s Choice winner.