READING, PA.—Rentokil Steritech, the North American arm of Rentokil Initial, has launched Lumnia, a new environmentally-friendly fly control solution for businesses. Lumnia is the first range of insect light traps in the world to use LED lighting to reduce energy consumption by up to 61 percent when compared to traps using traditional fluorescent tubes.
Lumnia’s high-output LED lamps are optimized to attract and catch more flies while still reducing energy costs. Rentokil Steritech’s proprietary insect light traps reduce the risk of contamination from flying insects and the fragmentation or blow out of dead pests, eliminating flies without the need for a catch tray while also reducing unpleasant cleanup efforts needed.
This attractive product range provides aesthetic flexibility for business needs in both public-facing areas, such as waiting rooms and hotel lobbies, and in high-risk areas found in food retailers, commercial property management, food manufacturing, and pharmaceutical companies.
The Lumnia line consists of three models, which offer versatility for both front and back of house applications:
- Lumnia Compact utilizes one LED bulb and is ideal for front of house applications;
- Lumnia Standard features two LED bulbs and integrates easily into businesses of all sizes; and
- Lumnia Ultimate is designed with three LED bulbs to meet the needs of high-dependency businesses and facilities that must meet strict food safety, regulatory compliance, and third-party audit standards.
A Money-Saving Solution
“Fly infestations can be incredibly expensive for any business,” said John Myers, CEO of Rentokil Steritech. “The Lumnia line is an innovative way for companies to both save money and deliver effective protection against flying pests. Developed by entomologists and scientists who study fly behaviors at Rentokil’s Power Centre, Lumnia represents a major step forward in reliable, energy-efficient fly control.”
Additional Lumnia features allow for further customization to suit the unique needs of any business, including:
- Adjustable light settings;
- Active lighting mode adapts output based on ambient light, further reducing energy consumption; and
- Modular design allows for either glueboard or encapsulation; and
- Control or monitoring mode selection, based on flying insect activity level, using less energy in monitoring mode.