FOUNTAIN VALLEY, CALIF.—Noritz has unveiled the NCC199CDV condensing tankless water heater, which is approved for common-venting up to six units in commercial applications. The new unit has a thermal efficiency rating of 98 percent, which is the industry’s highest and makes it EPA Energy Star certified. It has a maximum flow rate of 11.1 gallons per minute (gpm).
With its CSA Group approval for common venting in Canada and the United States, the NCC199CDV offers contractors greater flexibility and ease-of-installation on the commercial job site.
“Common venting drastically reduces the number of required venting terminations, saving contractors time and labor,” explains Jason Fleming, VP of Sales and Marketing for Noritz. “The NCC199CDV can therefore be very cost-effective when installed in that configuration.”
With a maximum input of 199,900 BTUs per hour (BTU/hr), the NCC199CDV features two austenite 316L stainless steel heat exchangers that resist corrosion from condensate and chloride, maximizing durability and lifespan.
Up to 24 of these units can be linked together, using the optional Multi-Unit System Controller, which offers the most control options on the market, including application functions for recirculation loops and supplemental storage tanks. BTU input can range from 18,000 to 4.8 million (for a 24-unit multi-system), yielding up to a 266:1 turndown ratio. An optional Quick-Connect cable is available for connecting two units.
- Multiple venting options: The NCC199CDV can vent directly, using either 2-inch or 3-inch PVC or CPVC or rigid polypropylene. As mentioned, up to six units can be common-vented indoors or installed outdoors with an optional vent cap.
- Compact design: Weighing only 81 pounds, the compactly designed heater can be easily wall-mounted. Mounting brackets line up with the top of the unit, enabling installers to more easily position it on the wall.
- Racking capability: The ability to combine (rack) multiple units offers peace of mind through redundancy: If one unit requires servicing, the others can continue to provide hot water.
- Ultra-low-NOx, modulating Eco-Burner: The premix, fully modulating burner has a nitrogen-oxide emissions level of only 14 parts per million (ppm), far exceeding the South Coast Air Quality Management District requirement of 20 ppm. The burner optimizes the air/fuel ratio to continuously match energy consumption to present demand with pinpoint accuracy. The result: better efficiency with fewer moving parts.
- High-altitude performance: The NCC199CDV can perform at an altitude of up to 10,000 feet.
- WiFi-enabled: Compatibility with the Noritz Connect app allows the user wireless remote control of heater functions, as well as diagnostic and maintenance reminders.
- Precise temperature controls: A remote thermostat can precisely adjust the output temperature from 100°F to 185°F.
- Safety Devices: The NCC199CDV has several built-in safety devices, including a flame sensor, overheating and lightning prevention devices, freeze protection, and neutralizer overfill. An optional carbon monoxide alarm can also be connected.
The NCC199CDV will be available for shipment to Noritz distributors beginning in October 2017 and will include a five-year limited warranty on the two heat exchangers for commercial use, a five-year warranty on parts, and one year on reasonable labor.