WASHINGTON, D.C.—Now live, new websites for the American Hotel & Lodging Association, its Educational Foundation, and Educational Institute feature an improved user-friendly design and serve as a more comprehensive resource for members and the general online community. The sites, created based on click-through research and user feedback throughout the past year, encompass more than 4,000 new unique Web pages, with the goal of connecting each visitor to the desired page quickly and easily.
Major highlights of the new AH&LA website include:
• The Green Initiative section, featuring new examples of successful initiatives, cost-effective strategies for greening hotel operations, and an RSS news feed from GreenLodgingNews.com;
• An enhanced Press Room linking media to the association’s official statements on a variety of timely topics, and putting visitors clicks away from the latest news from and about AH&LA, members, and key staff;
• Exclusive Members-Only access to a brand new Data Center with customized breakdowns of national and local hospitality demographics from Smith Travel Research;
• Comprehensive emergency preparedness section to assist in development of strategic preparedness plans for hotels, employees, and guests;
• Unique password-protected pages tailored to address specific needs and benefits of each AH&LA member type: allied, corporate, faculty, international, property, partner state association, and student.
“In a time of increased use of the Internet as the premiere method of communication, coupled with the short attention span of those surfing the Web, we are proud to launch these intuitive new sites which maximize the user experience,” said AH&LA president/CEO Joseph A. McInerney, CHA. “In addition to launching new, comprehensive resources for both members and the general public, I think most will discover that the sites’ information is organized in a way to most efficiently find what they are looking for.”