In less than two weeks I will be moderating a panel discussion on electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at HX: The Hotel Experience. The session will be held on the trade show floor from 1 p.m. to 1:45 p.m. on Monday, November 12. If you will be at the show, be sure to catch this session.
In preparing for the panel discussion I learned just how large the electric vehicle segment is and how large it is expected to become. A Research Report Insights (RRI) report revealed that the global market for electric vehicles crossed $99 billion in terms of value at the end of 2016. The market is expected to reach $596.56 billion by 2030.
According to RRI, increasing demand for clean and green energy and rise in global air pollution is compelling socio-economic institutions to rethink over the structures of social amenities that involve heavy carbon emission.
Here are some additional EV statistics:
- There are now 44 different EV models available.
- Two percent of new consumer vehicles this year will be electric. EVs will exceed 20 percent of global mileage share by 2030.
- There are now 3 million EVs globally. By 2040: 300 million.
- A total of 800,000 Americans are now driving EVs and they make their travel plans based on the availability of EV charging stations.
- EV drivers are more affluent. For example, three-quarters of Tesla drivers make $100,000 per year.
Why cater to EV drivers by installing charging stations?
- You will attract more business—more heads in beds.
- Your f&b or retail operations will benefit from guests who may just be stopping by for a meal, coffee, etc.
- You will help build brand loyalty.
- Your EV charging stations can be a very visible part of your property’s green story—a PR & marketing opportunity and great for your employees to see.
- You can be part of the air pollution and carbon emission solution.