This month is a special one for Davidson Hospitality Group. As part of “Davidson Day of Service,” each participating property has developed a thoughtful, meaningful engagement to make a positive impact on its community. A total of 83 individual hotels and resorts within the portfolio are participating. Activities range from supporting food banks and assisting homeless shelters to contributing goods and equipment to local schools to trail clean-ups.
“Leading with heart and giving back are both intrinsic to Davidson culture and ladder up to two of my favorite company core values: ‘Be passionate about what you do; serve others with love’ and ‘Always do what’s right,’” said Davidson Hospitality Group CEO Thom Geshay. “Community service projects are not new to Davidson, as our company has been doing them for years. However, this is the first time we’ve done it on a coordinated basis to really highlight the terrific impact our teams are having across the country. I continue to be amazed by our team members for fortifying strong relationships with the communities in which we live and serve.”
Below is a sampling of Davidson Day of Service efforts taking place during November:
- Snowpine Lodge in Alta, Utah adopted a local trail called Temple Quarry Trail through the Alta Ski Area Forest service and will be conducting clean up and maintenance.
- Eden Roc Miami Beach will have a “Animal Supply Drive” benefiting Animal Lovers Rescue (ALR), a local nonprofit organization finding pups and kitties their forever homes, along with proper medical attention and nutrition.
- Sheraton Philadelphia University City Hotel is partnering with the Philadelphia Veteran Affairs Center for Development and Civic Engagement to host a lunch for 300 individuals as well as a “Sheraton UCity Salutes Veterans” Drive to collect essential items to create care packages to distribute at the hospital.
- Hilton Gaslamp Quarter San Diego team will volunteer at Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank Warehouse, the largest hunger-relief organization in San Diego County.
- Margaritaville Hotel San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is participating in a blood donation drive with the San Diego Blood Bank.
- Davidson Hospitality Group corporate office will build care packages with school supplies for Peyton Forest Elementary in Atlanta, a Title 1, Part A school, which is economically and educationally disadvantaged.
- Hilton Garden Inn Emeryville is packaging and sorting canned foods/gift boxes to be handed out to those in the community through Emeryville Citizens Assistance Program (ECAP).
- The Don CeSar and Beach House Suites will deliver meals to the local firehouse and police station in St. Pete Beach, Fla.
For a full list of activities, visit www.davidsonhospitality.com.