Caesars Entertainment, Inc. has published its 2019-2020 PEOPLE PLANET PLAY Report on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). PEOPLE PLANET PLAY is the framework underpinning Caesars Entertainment’s CSR strategy, addressing the ways in which Caesars makes a positive contribution to people, the environment, and communities through its business and responsible conduct.
The circumstances for this report are unique. It encompasses the time during the merger of Caesars Entertainment Corp. and Eldorado Resorts, Inc. that created Caesars Entertainment, Inc. and the COVID-19 pandemic that resulted in property closures around the country for several months and a return to work with new protocols and restrictions.
The data included in this year’s report is from 2019 and the first half of 2020, representative of Caesars properties pre-merger. The report also outlines how the newly formed company remains committed to CSR moving forward.
Focus on Seven Key Areas
The Report covers Caesars’ key impacts and achievements in seven key areas, with highlights including:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: In 2019, Caesars Entertainment achieved record gender and racial representation at almost all leadership, management and team member levels. The company also engaged with certified diverse vendors for 17.6 percent of operational and 10.8 percent of capital expenditures.
- Positive experiences for guests: The company has significantly enhanced its offerings for guests through extensive renovations and expansion of digital services, including enhancements at Harveys Lake Tahoe and Harrah’s Las Vegas as well as completed construction of CAESARS FORUM Conference Center.
- Social impact: Total community contributions in 2019 amounted to $67 million, including the value of 370,000 hours volunteered in local communities by team members. In 2019, Caesars turned every dollar of revenue into a contribution to its communities of 46 cents—nearly four times the average community contribution for U.S. corporations.
- Responsible gaming: Caesars Entertainment celebrated 30 years of Responsible Gaming (RG) leadership in 2019. Caesars created the first comprehensive RG program in the industry, which includes structured RG training for team members. In 2019, nearly 50,000 team members received RG training.
- Family values at work: In 2019, Caesars invested 1.51 million hours in training and development for team members, an average of 27 hours per team member per year.
- Environmental sustainability: In 2019, on a normalized basis per 1,000 sq. ft, Caesars used 2 percent less energy, 3 percent less water and generated 13 percent less total waste than the prior year.
- Governance: In 2020, following completion of the merger, Caesars Entertainment immediately created a new CSR Committee of the Board of Directors. The Committee will drive CSR strategy and oversee CSR and ESG progress, remaining true to the legacy of the past 20 years.
To read the complete report, click here.