MIAMI—Virgin Hotels, the lifestyle hotel brand by Sir Richard Branson, announced its formal diversity, equality and inclusivity framework. By publicly laying out guidelines, commitments and goals at https://virginhotels.com/diversity-and-inclusivity/, Virgin Hotels is establishing a clear path forward as it continues to work in a more positive direction.
“I’ve been part of the Virgin Hotels family from the very beginning, and from its inception I have been proud of the diversity and inclusion that lies at the heart of everything Virgin does,” says Raul Leal, CEO of Virgin Hotels. “Diversity is one of the fundamental principles of the Virgin Hotels brand and a core value that has been brought to life across our properties. Our top priority is ensuring all teammates, guests, visitors and the community continue to experience our hotels in an inclusive environment that supports racial harmony.”
Website Page Dedicated to Efforts
With the support of inclusion strategist Donnie N. Belcher, Virgin Hotels is formally launching a page on their website dedicated to transparently sharing their ongoing efforts. Included is a clear diversity and inclusivity statement, asserting Virgin Hotels’ mission to ensure “Everyone Leaves Feeling Better” and the importance of creating an environment where all feel safe, valued and welcome. Also included are three clear commitments and goals the brand is prioritizing:
- Working with and supporting local community partners in the cities where hotels are located that help support and lift up Black communities;
- Implementing trainings at all hotels and the home office to help raise awareness of unconscious bias impact; and
- In coordination with the company’s external advisor, they have audited existing policies to ensure they support an inclusive approach, and will continue to work with Donnie Belcher to evaluate existing policies to ensure they support the company’s approach.
To continue supporting organizations that assist the local community, Virgin Hotels has introduced a check round up program in their dine and drink establishments across all hotels. Guests can either round up their purchase to the nearest dollar or donate a set amount. Proceeds from each property benefit the following local agencies:
- Virgin Hotels Chicago—SocialWorks: Founded by Grammy-award-winning musician and humanitarian Chance the Rapper, SocialWorks aims to empower the youth through the arts, education and civic engagement, directly affecting thousands of kids each year.
- Virgin Hotels Dallas—Cafe Momentum: A restaurant and culinary training facility, Cafe Momentum works to transform young lives by equipping the community’s most at-risk youth with life skills, education and employment opportunities to help them achieve their full potential.
- Virgin Hotels Nashville—The Mary Parrish Center: The Mary Parrish Center has provided more than 7,000 survivors of domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and/or stalking with a full array of no-cost, comprehensive services.
Virgin Hotels is also sharing on their new webpage a timeline highlighting their efforts in the past supporting diversity and inclusivity and the organizations it has partnered with along the way.
For more information on Virgin Hotels’ diversity & inclusivity commitment, visit https://virginhotels.com/diversity-and-inclusivity/. To learn more about Virgin Hotels, visit www.virginhotels.com.