NEW YORK—Nassimi, a leading market innovator in premium faux leather, announced that its new performance fabric, Supreen, has been approved for the Material ConneXion Library—the world’s largest subscription-based materials library of innovative and sustainable materials.
“We are honored to have Supreen displayed alongside some of the most cutting-edge materials in the world,” states Iwan Nassimi, Executive Vice President of Nassimi. “Given the trends we’ve seen over the past year, particularly the demand for surfaces simultaneously offering both comfort and disinfecting properties, there couldn’t be a more perfect time to showcase Supreen. We worked for several years to bring different product technologies together to create a new upholstery material that meets cleanliness and durability standards yet is incredibly soft and luxurious.”
Supreen prioritizes material innovation, sustainability, cleanability, and stain-resistant technology. It marries cutting-edge woven and coated technology with a proprietary silicone blend to create a complete liquid-barrier textile, reactively repelling liquids and preventing future stains—all without compromising softness, upholstery capability, or the environment. Combining this groundbreaking stain resistance with bleach cleanability and impressive breathability, Supreen exceeds industry standards when it comes to cleanliness, durability, and aesthetics.
What Makes Supreen Stand Out?
- It is completely liquid-proof.Supreen’s liquid-proof barrier technology makes it impenetrable, protecting it from stains, spills, food, microbes, mildew, and more.
- It is strong. Really strong. Supreen has been tested to 100,000 double rubs, meaning long-lasting performance is guaranteed. Supreen will not pill or wear out at the seams, and it stays resistant to food and drink over time.
- It is incredibly soft. Supreen does not sacrifice comfort and style for strength. It has an exceptionally soft hand and comes in a variety of luxe textures and colors to choose from. It is tough enough to take on the high-traffic spaces.
- It can be cleaned with bleach.Just when you thought it could not get any more hygienic, Supreen is designed to resist repeated cleaning or disinfection with bleach, alcohol, and a host of other commercial cleaners.
- It is the sustainable solution. Unlike most other liquid-proof and stain resistant fabrics, Supreen is free of PFOA’s and PFC’s, making it sustainable and safer for humans and the environment. Supreen™ is also HHI (Healthy Hospitals Initiative) and Prop 65 compliant.
Supreen is named after an amalgamation of the words “supple,” for its surprisingly soft hand, and “preen,” referencing the preening of an aquatic bird, keeping its plumage waterproof and tidy. Embodying comfort, beauty and innovation is key to Supreen’s ethos and process. Breaking new ground, Supreen is thoughtfully crafted utilizing a multi-step proprietary, patented process that ionically removes over 99 percent of all contaminants to create a new, innovative material that is virtually impermeable to any liquid. Dive deeper into the revolutionary properties and the making of Supreen by visiting the website and watching this video.