WILMINGTON, DEL.—In support of its commitment to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions while delivering sustainable innovation, DuPont announced a new standard for two-component polyurethane foams with the launch of the HFC-free Froth-Pak Spray Foam.
Froth-Pak Spray Foam, available this month, offers customers an innovative solution with a significant global warming potential (GWP) reduction, while helping advance DuPont’s 2030 Sustainability Goals. This product is compliant with currently enacted, as well as draft, U.S. State Hydrofluorocarbon (HFC) and Canadian GWP regulations. It also delivers GHG reductions in support of the Paris Climate Agreement along a timeline that is more aggressive than the Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol.
The newly enhanced, innovative line of spray foam solutions deliver a global warming potential (GWP) reduction of more than 99 percent as compared to current formulations. Froth-Pak contains no ozone depleting chemicals or HFCs while elevating the performance attributes professional contractors expect from the market-leading, low-pressure spray foam brand.
“We are committed to the transition to more sustainable buildings, while ensuring our products continue to deliver the high level of performance our customers trust and expect,” said Amy Radka, Retail Marketing Director, DuPont Performance Building Solutions. “HFC-free Froth-Pak™ is a demonstration of our continued commitment to providing the market with products that address environmental challenges while meeting the needs of our customers. We’re committed to delivering better solutions that address climate change, drive the circular economy, deliver safer solutions and help communities thrive.”
Easily Portable Low-Pressure Spray
This latest innovation from DuPont represents the next step forward in the evolution of the Froth-Pak brand, introduced more than 50 years ago. Froth-Pak is the all-in-one self-contained and easily portable low-pressure spray foam kit designed for professional contractors. These heavy-duty, two-component foams work quickly and efficiently to fill larger gaps and penetrations, providing thermal, air, and moisture management that contributes to operational building energy efficiency over the lifetime of buildings.
- Proper air sealing and insulation with spray polyurethane foams such as Froth-Pak, combined with HVAC systems, helps improve indoor air quality (IAQ), reducing air infiltration and the dust and allergens that come along with it.
- By controlling moisture intrusion, Froth-Pak closed cell products can mitigate the effects of moisture damage in the form of rot, decay and mold, improving building resilience.
- Properly installed sealing and insulation products such as Froth-Pak can save 30 percent on heating and cooling bills annually.
- Compatible with other materials used to obtain LEED certification such as Styrofoam Brand Insulation, Froth-Pak Spray Foams quickly adhere to a variety of building materials and substrates.
In addition to the elimination of HFC blowing agents, Froth-Pak Spray Foam now has improved curing time, reduction in overspray with new patent-pending application nozzles, and further improved closed cell content. Froth-Pak is available in variety of options and sizes, including:
- Froth-Pak Spray Foam Sealant—a two-component, quick-cure polyurethane foam that fills penetrations and cracks in rim joists, roof wall junctures and around pipes and ducts greater than 2″ and less than 4″ wide.
- Froth-Pak Spray Foam Insulation—a Class A Fire Rated two-component, quick-cure polyurethane foam that fills cavities, penetrations and cracks in rim joists, roof wall junctures and around pipes and ducts up to 2” thick.
The Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam reformulation is part of DuPont’s “Acting on Climate” goal to achieve a 30 percent GHG reduction in operations over ten years and carbon neutrality by 2050. The reformulation implements the Integrated Energy Strategy to address all sources of GHG emissions, including efforts to create low-carbon industrial processes, source low-carbon and renewable energy, and reduce overall energy use. One hundred percent of the electricity used to make Froth-Pak comes from renewable energy sources.
For more information on Froth-Pak™ Spray Foam, visit www.frothpak.com.