COSTA RICA—SAHIC organizers are working with the Ministry of Tourism of Costa Rica (ICT) for the first time, to bring together key players who will identify significant challenges and sustainable hospitality development opportunities for the country. Approximately 200 decision makers will gather to discuss hospitality, tourism and lodging investment, as well as development at the forum, which takes place November 13 to 14, 2017 at the InterContinental Costa Rica.
The Costa Rica Sustainable Hotel and Tourism Investment Conference will feature five key conference sessions including a:
- Hotel Leaders’ Panel, exploring the potential for luxury resorts in sustainable Costa Rica;
- Investment and Development Opportunities session, discussing the hotel segments which offer the greatest opportunities in the country;
- Financial Outlook, examining optimal financial practices and prospects;
- Strategies for Growing the Costa Rica Market, a forum for candid conversation; and
- Investment in Sustainable Tourism, focusing on tourism investments that protect the environment while resulting in profitable business.
Among the notable industry presenters and panelists are:
- Paul Adan, VP, Hotel Development Latin America & Caribbean, Marriott International;
- René Bernard Beil, Managing Director, Beaufort Global Partners LLC;
- Patricia Boo, Area Director Central and South America, STR;
- Liora Haymann, Managing Director, OBMI;
- Fredrick Jonsson, Managing Partner, MEREHA and Director of Beaufort Global Partners and
- Salo Smaletz, Vice President Development Latin America IHG.
Two anticipated presentations will be delivered by Phillipe Cousteau, grandson of Jacques Cousteau and Carlos Paez Vilaro, survivor of the Andes plane crash in 1972. Additionally, Luis Guillermo Solis, president of Costa Rica, will deliver the Conference’s opening address.
Costa Rica Minister of Tourism Mauricio Ventura Aragón, stated, “For the first time, Costa Rica will be the host country of a highly relevant global event, which will bring together executives of hotel brands, investment funds and real estate, placing Costa Rica on the map of global investment.”
Added Arturo García Rosa, President and Founder of SAHIC, “With our extensive experience in organizing hospitality investment conferences of this scale, we know that the event with which we are assisting in Costa Rica is necessary for the future of our industry.”