I have received many press releases from hotel companies announcing new protocols for ensuring hygiene and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. Some of the companies have put together videos that demonstrate some of the steps they are taking. Perhaps no other company has put together a more polished video that encapsulates their initiatives than Palace Resorts and Le Blanc Spa Resorts. Click here to access that video that explains many of the company’s initiatives that comprise its Purely Palace program.
Here are some examples from Purely Palace:
- Each team member has his or her temperature checked before walking through a tunnel where a mist sanitizes the uniform. Footwear is sanitized as well, and team members are given hand sanitizer.
- All team members are equipped with face masks that are replaced every four hours.
- In reception areas, well-designed floor markers indicate the distance team members and guests must keep from one another.
- Protective barriers have been placed at all registration desks.
- Each guest is asked to sign a declaration of health.
- Guest luggage is disinfected after guest arrival.
- All golf carts and other company transportation in use is disinfected every 30 minutes or after being used by any guest.
- Guests can check in using the resort’s app.
- All mattresses are steam cleaned between guest visits.
- Upon guest departure, each room will undergo a complete disinfection process using an electrostatic nebulizer system.
- Sanitation tablets will be installed in air conditioning units to eliminate potential viruses and bacteria.
- A health certification will be placed in each room, guaranteeing that everything has been completely disinfected to the highest and strictest standards.
These are just some of the approximately 140 steps that are being taken to ensure a safe and hygienic experience for guests and team member. Watch for the complete press release on Green Lodging News.