Telkonet (OTC BB: TKOI) designs, develops, and implements intelligent EcoSmart energy management technology as well as EthoStream high-speed Internet access (HSIA) solutions. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Telkonet serves hundreds of thousands of customers worldwide.
Telkonet’s EcoSmart technology, an intelligent energy management solution, adjusts and maintains a room’s temperature according to occupancy, eliminating wasteful heating and cooling of unoccupied rooms. EcoSmart delivers optimum energy savings without compromising occupant comfort, thanks to its patented Recovery Time technology. Recovery Time works quite differently than a typical fixed setback system, where the temperature is set to one fixed amount in all rooms. With EcoSmart, each room’s temperature is adjusted based on many factors, including calculating how far it can drift from the guest’s preferred temperature setting, while ensuring the temperature will return to its setting within minutes of the guest’s return.
In June 2012, Telkonet announced the introduction of the EcoGuard and EcoSwitch products to control outlets/plug loads and light switches, respectively. The EcoGuard and EcoSwitch expand Telkonet’s industry-leading line of advanced energy management solutions to allow the monitoring and control of energy consumed by HVAC units, lights, TVs, and other appliances with a single solution.
• Reduces in-room energy consumption by 20 to 45 percent
• Maximizes guest comfort with Recovery Time™ technology
• Delivers room-by-room energy savings
• Quick, simple, cost-effective installation using wired or wireless technology
• Easy maintenance
• Reduced wear and tear on HVAC units
• Humidity protection
• Enables participation in Demand-Response activities
• Real-time monitoring and detailed logging over time of financial savings, kilowatt-hours (kWh), and other metrics