MINNEAPOLIS, MINN.—CSM Corp., a Minneapolis-based lodging, commercial real estate and development firm, announce the company’s new Aloft and Element Hotels in Redmond, Wash. have been awarded Bronze level certification from Green Seal. This achievement is based on a rigorous, independent evaluation of the Aloft and Element Hotels’ features, operations and processes. Both hotels opened in June 2017.
To earn this highly-regarded qualification, environmentally- and socially-conscious hotels like Aloft and Element must demonstrate their commitment to:
- Protecting human health and environment—using nontoxic, biodegradable housekeeping products and non-toxic paints with minimal VOCs;
- Demonstrating stewardship—having an environmental mission and purchasing policy;
- Conserving water—incorporating water-efficient landscaping and groundskeeping measures and installing water-saving fixtures in guestrooms and public areas;
- Conserving energy—installing 100 percent energy-efficient lighting in all guestrooms and public areas and using energy-efficient appliances and windows; and
- Reducing waste—minimizing use of disposable items and having recycling and composting programs.
“As the only two lodging properties in Redmond’s popular new Esterra Park, we are excited to certify Aloft and the Element,” said Mary Swanson, Interim Green Seal President. “Green Seal certification demonstrates their sustainability leadership both to guests and to the community.”
“CSM Corporation is proud to operate hotels that are as eco-conscious as they are stylish and tech-forward,” said CSM’s President of Lodging and Residential Steve Schlundt. “Our guests can be assured these properties are not only comfortable but sustainable. We’re honored to receive this recognition for our efforts to leave a small ecological footprint for a more sustainable world.”
Waste reduction practices are applied wherever possible with an extensive recycling program integrated throughout the hotels. Water-efficient faucets and fixtures reduce the waste of water per guestroom. All kitchens are fully-equipped with Energy Star rated appliances. Cleaning products are environmentally-preferable. Element Guests are offered a $5 voucher to Restore, the 24/7, self-serve gourmet pantry, or 250 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints awarded for each night they decline housekeeping (except day of departure). Aloft guests can receive a $5 voucher to Re:fuel or W XYZ bar or 250 Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints awarded for each night they decline housekeeping (except day of departure).